Sunday, March 9, 2014

Economy and Me

As a sixteen year old boy, I have never had any firsthand experience of the economy affecting me. what i have experienced though, is how it has affected my parents, and in turn, me. When the economy's recession was at its peak, my parents had to take longer hours, and lower pay. It was a tough time for my parents and it had resulted in a different day to day routine for me and my brother. We would have to get used to coming home at four, and seeing our parents at seven. We became much more mindful of what we purchased, making sure we only bought something that was a necessity and to not throw our money around for useless items. As of now, since the economy has healed, we are able to experience more of the luxuries we had to let go of during the peak of the recession. Our parents are no longer stressed about making payments or purchasing food, and in turn, their moods have changed and are more positive in the home. Arguments barely occur in the house and on the rare occurrence if they do, they are almost never financial. Although I am not affected by the economy directly, it does affect my parents, as a result indirectly affecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment